Hello! I’m Joyce McDonald, Director of Admissions at Orangewood Christian School. What a wonderful job it is to be able to introduce families to Orangewood. We are excited you are considering OCS for a Christ-centered covenant education for your child. At Orangewood, you, your child and our staff will forge a partnership to produce learning and growth experiences second to none.
Academic excellence is our first and foremost goal for your child and is at the core of our college preparation. Your student will be challenged and mentored by knowledgeable faculty through a variety of classes and curriculum. Orangewood strives to provide each student with a unique schedule that will focus on their individual God given gifts and talents.
Please accept our invitation to visit our OCS campuses. Contact me by email or at (407)-339-0223 to schedule a tour. We are eager to meet you and welcome the opportunity to walk through our admissions process together. Come see for yourself what thousands of other families and students have already received—the Orangewood Blessing!
One parent must be a professing follower of Jesus Christ. If one parent is not a professing follower of Christ, he or she understands, accepts, and supports the school's Christian philosophy of education and will participate whenever possible.
One parent is an active member and weekly church attendee of a local Christian church which teaches and subscribes to the following:
- God is a Triune God – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is God’s infallible and authoritative Word to man. It is the standard by which faith and practice are to be measured.
- The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.
- Man is created in the image of God. Through his relationship to Adam, man is a sinner by nature and, thus, is alienated from God.
- Jesus Christ is the only Savior of sinners, the only way to the Father. He died as a substitute for sinners, and was raised from the dead so that they might be reconciled to God.
- Eternal life is a free gift that is received through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- Eternal life is neither deserved by anyone, nor can it be earned by good deeds.
Affirm a commitment to a biblical view of parenting.
Affirm ultimate responsibility to educate our children.
Affirm a commitment to the educational philosophy of OCS.
Affirm a commitment to a biblical communication following Matthew 18 principles for solving conflicts and refraining from gossip.
Orangewood Christian School admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.