High School Flex Learning
The High School has developed a Flex Learning Plan that is meeting the unique demands of our students and families during this time. We are using a mixture of methods to allow students to push forward in their academics while also being flexible and working in ways that is not a burden on them or their families.
We are continuing to use an effective blend of tools to provide students with a customized plan for their unique Flex Learning experience. Communication methods for Upper School students will include:
- Teachers will upload a Flex Learning plan utilizing Canvas, and as usual weekly assignments will be posted on RenWeb.
- Students will be able to access their coursework via Canvas.
- The primary focus will be on core classes, therefore, some specials teachers may not have assignments listed each day.
- Choir and Advanced Band will continue to have music for students to practice.
- Students will need to check Canvas and RenWeb each day to ensure that they are completing all the work assigned to them by their teachers.
Upper School faculty are communicating with students daily, and teachers will be recording live teaching lessons that students can access through their school-issued iPad. Our teachers and students are utilizing all of these tools to assist in the creation of assignments and turning work in. The Upper School teachers are also holding regular "office hours" Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm allowing the parents of students to check in, ask questions, and continue to build relationships while students are participating in Flex Learning.